For the art lovers and those exceptionally curious about cultural encounters, we’ve teamed up with Vancouver’s University of British Columbia Museum of Anthropology (UBC MOA) to curate unique cultural and art tours that coincide with their exhibits.
Our first journey led us to Cuba, to dive deeper into the contemporary Afro-Cuban art scene after a successful showing of the Without Masks exhibit. We ventured into exclusive galleries, institutions, and were joined by leaders in Afro-Cuban religions as they explained their communities.
Our next trip is to Portugal, inspired popular art in the Heaven, Hell and Somewhere in Between exhibit. This trip will once again deliver exclusive access to artists’ studios and marketplaces where we learn what makes Portugal pulse.
To get a better idea of what these trips are like, once our Cuban adventurers arrived back at home, the group took time to share their stories on their own MOA Journeys blog.
By the looks of it, the group enjoyed the art tours as much as we did. We can’t wait to rejoin with MOA members this fall, for a closer look at the current and historic culture in Portugal.
Our next MOA tour: April 1-17, 2019 Marking the Infinite: A Journey in Australia.
To find out more about our next MOA cultural and art tour, please contact our sales staff at 1-800-665-3998.
- Puebla – Mexico’s True Colonial City - 15 May 2019
- Twyfelfontein – Namibia’s First World Heritage Site - 17 April 2019
- Mitla, Markets, Mezcal & the Mammoth Tule Tree - 15 April 2019
- Swakopmund – Namibia’s German City - 8 April 2019
- Sossusvlei – Namibia’s Wondrous Sand Dunes - 8 April 2019
- Exploring Namibia - 1 April 2019
- Day of the Dead – Mexico’s Unique Celebration - 4 March 2019
- Mexico City – Some Random Ramblings - 11 February 2019
- Monte Alban – Zapotec Stronghold Above Oaxaca - 11 February 2019
- Xochimilco – Enjoying it Without the Crowds - 14 January 2019