China is the third largest country in the world and has some of the most diverse landscapes, bustling cities and quiet villages to explore. From the sandy dunes of the Gobi Desert, to the deep gorges cut by the Yangtze River and the karst mountains of Guilin.
Our Classic China tour takes you to the quiet village of Yangshuo, what many recall as their highlight of China. The village is beautiful from all angles, situated among breathtaking mist covered mountains that jet into the sky.
With less car traffic and little air pollution, it is easy to roam the streets and discover why so many love visiting this town. No trip to Yangshuo is complete without exploring the winding rivers that cut through the valley floor.
On the Li River, our small group tour sets sail beside bamboo rafts to watch fishermen collecting their catch with traditional netting methods. The pristine environment complete with sweet smelling cassia flowers feels a million miles away from the high rises of Shanghai, Hong Kong, Beijing and China’s other well-known cities.
- Day of the Dead – Mexico’s Unique Celebration - 4 March 2019
- Mexico City – Some Random Ramblings - 11 February 2019
- Monte Alban – Zapotec Stronghold Above Oaxaca - 11 February 2019
- Xochimilco – Enjoying it Without the Crowds - 14 January 2019
- Welcome to Coyoacan – Mexico City’s Oldest Neighbourhood - 14 January 2019
- Why you should book a Central Mexico tour - 4 January 2019
- Ten Questions for a Tour Leader: Jonathan Hodgson - 20 July 2018
- Best Museums In Spain – The Four You Must See - 2 July 2018
- An Introduction to Street Art in South America - 2 July 2018
- Why Oman should be on your travel wish list. - 2 July 2018