Perhaps more than any other hotel in the history of Adventures Abroad, the Aegialis Hotel, on the island of Amorgos in Greece’s Cycladic Islands, is our unofficial ‘home-away-from-home.’ This hotel, and the island itself, was “discovered” by one of our first Tour Leaders in 1988, when he found himself “stranded” on Amorgos by a weather-related ferry cancellation.
The hotel was new and the island was known only to a few fishermen, the families who had lived there for generations, and just a few adventurous tourists.
Today, the hotel is still lovingly run by the local family that built it, and the island still retains its peaceful, authentic, off-the-beaten-path atmosphere. Many of our travellers have returned on their own, and many of our Tour Leaders head there when they enjoy some rare time off.
Join us on our hiking tour of Greece (XGI), and you’ll find out why!
“Absolutely wonderful! Would have liked to stay longer! The manager is extremely friendly, helpful and personable and the hotel location is a delight.”
- Karen C., Edmonton, AB, XGI Sept 2015
- Hiking the Isles of Hellas Tour: XGI | 14 Days | Details
Departure dates: 04 May 2019, 07 Sep 2019
- Focus On Southeast Asia Tours - 29 May 2017
- New Tours & Updates - 29 May 2017
- Upcoming Tours - 29 May 2017
- Tour Leader News - 29 May 2017
- Borobudur: Indonesia’s Great Buddhist Stupa - 29 May 2017
- Accommodation Spotlight: Hacienda Zuleta, Ecuador - 29 May 2017
- FEATURE – 30th Anniversary! - 9 March 2017
- UPCOMING TOURS - 9 March 2017
- WHAT A SITE! - 9 March 2017
- NEW THINGS AND UPDATES! - 9 March 2017