Italy is sometimes referred to as ‘Bel Paese’ (beautiful country) and on our group tours to Italy, you’ll quickly learn why. This peninsula, jutting into the Mediterranean has more UNESCO World Heritage Sites than any other country.
This European country is and has been home to many great artists, with many examples of their work on display in museums throughout the country.
Along with beautiful artistic works, on our group tours to Italy you’ll also experience the incredible natural beauty of this country, and the friendliness of the Italian people.
Italy has been inhabited for millennia, and became the civilized world’s centre with the rise of the Romans two thousand years ago. Rome, a city virtually without rival, ancient capital of the Roman empire and often referred to as the Eternal City, is packed with iconic sites, such as the Spanish Steps, the ruins of the Colosseum, as well as the Trevi Fountain.
On group tours to Italy, would it be complete without a visit to Vatican City and St. Peter’s Basilica? This massive cathedral will host 60,000 in its magnificent interior. There are few architectural masterpieces on Earth able to claim Michelangelo as their designer.
Italy is blessed with more than 7,600 kilometres of coastline on the Mediterranean, and the seaside towns of Italy are beyond compare. Whether you cruise on the Amalfi coast, with its roads carved from solid rock, or enjoy the climate while sipping a glass of local wine in Palermo, Sicily, you are sure to succumb to the charms of Italian seaside towns.
Exploring Italy’s rich history forms an important part of our group tours to Italy. We’ll explore the ruins of Pompeii, a once thriving town destroyed in 79 AD by the wrath of Mount Vesuvius. Unearthed from a thick layer of ash, this archaeological site bordering the city of Naples reveals much about the lives of its residents almost 2,000 years ago.
If you’re eager to learn about one of western civilization’s most influential countries, enjoy the scenery, sights, people and amazing cuisine of this truly amazing country, then check out our group tours to Italy.
- India Tours – A Land Like No Other - 15 October 2018
- Japan Group Tours – Modern But With Respect For The Past - 12 October 2018
- Ecuador Tours – Experience the Galapagos Islands - 9 October 2018
- South Korea Tours – Dynamic & Traditional - 6 October 2018
- Yucatan Tours – The Mayan Adventures - 3 October 2018
- Single Travel Tours – No Travel Partner? No Problem! - 30 September 2018
- Group Tours to Italy – A Gem on the Mediterranean - 27 September 2018
- Adriatic Tours – Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina & Montenegro - 24 September 2018
- Middle East Tours – Land of Many Contrasts - 28 July 2018
- Central America Tours – A Tale of Two Oceans - 25 July 2018