As part of the Adventures Abroad’s family, Lindsay MacKenzie is a name you may know well as one of our beloved tour leaders. Working also as a photographer and a multimedia journalist, Lindsay boldly started a project called Everyday Middle East to document life beyond the gruelling headlines in both the Middle East and Northern Africa.
The project is beautiful and we can’t express how proud we are of her accomplishments with this. Here is a quick look at the Everyday Middle East project on Instagram.
#FollowFriday #Repost from @shaghayeghmoradiannejad “تابستان Summer season has begun and the schools are closed in #Iran. Children can spend their time playing and in summer classes.” ・・・ Each Friday we repost a photo that’s been hashtagged with #everydaymiddleeast – tag your photos and we’ll take a look! A photo posted by Everyday Middle East (@everydaymiddleeast) onBeside the Nile in Cairo, Egypt. By @degnerd A photo posted by Everyday Middle East (@everydaymiddleeast) on
#Muslim men take a #nap at the Massoumeh #shrine in the holy city of #Qom, 130 Km south of #Tehran, capital of #Iran on the first day of the holy month of #Ramadan on June 18, 2015. Photo by Hanif Shoaei (@hanifshoaei) A photo posted by Everyday Middle East (@everydaymiddleeast) on
- Puebla – Mexico’s True Colonial City - 15 May 2019
- Twyfelfontein – Namibia’s First World Heritage Site - 17 April 2019
- Mitla, Markets, Mezcal & the Mammoth Tule Tree - 15 April 2019
- Swakopmund – Namibia’s German City - 8 April 2019
- Sossusvlei – Namibia’s Wondrous Sand Dunes - 8 April 2019
- Exploring Namibia - 1 April 2019
- Day of the Dead – Mexico’s Unique Celebration - 4 March 2019
- Mexico City – Some Random Ramblings - 11 February 2019
- Monte Alban – Zapotec Stronghold Above Oaxaca - 11 February 2019
- Xochimilco – Enjoying it Without the Crowds - 14 January 2019