You asked, we delivered. For over 25 years, Adventures Abroad has been taking groups to countries all over the world. But what about those exotic and hard to reach locations within our homelands?
Each year we update our tours to keep destinations fresh, and often we’ll prepare private or one-off tours to unique locations. In 2015, one of these unique tours was to the Canadian Arctic with Martin Charlton. Below are some of his extraordinary highlights, as documented on his Instagram. Thank you for sharing Martin!
Last week we found this mini ice-cave as we crossed the frozen landscape from Pond Inlet to Bylot Island. It was something truly surreal. The arctic had delivered another true treasure. A photo posted by Martin Charlton (@travelbug1970) on
Making our way across the ice to our camp at the floe edge. From Pond Inlet to Bylot Island. A photo posted by Martin Charlton (@travelbug1970) on
If you’re interested, we have more Canadian tours. Canada is the second largest country on Earth, and there is so much to see! Also, be sure to look at our tours of North America.A dark morning in June up in the Canadian Arctic. Camping on top of 5 feet of ice, somewhere between Pond Inlet and Bylot Island. Baffin Island, Nunavut. A photo posted by Martin Charlton (@travelbug1970) on
- Puebla – Mexico’s True Colonial City - 15 May 2019
- Twyfelfontein – Namibia’s First World Heritage Site - 17 April 2019
- Mitla, Markets, Mezcal & the Mammoth Tule Tree - 15 April 2019
- Swakopmund – Namibia’s German City - 8 April 2019
- Sossusvlei – Namibia’s Wondrous Sand Dunes - 8 April 2019
- Exploring Namibia - 1 April 2019
- Day of the Dead – Mexico’s Unique Celebration - 4 March 2019
- Mexico City – Some Random Ramblings - 11 February 2019
- Monte Alban – Zapotec Stronghold Above Oaxaca - 11 February 2019
- Xochimilco – Enjoying it Without the Crowds - 14 January 2019