If you’ve been, you know: Argentina and Chile, the southern end of South America, hold some of the world’s most stunning landscapes. Deserts, volcanoes, glaciers and rainforests all in vast wilderness areas that give a stark contrast to the chic cosmopolitan cities the countries also boast. These two countries are what dreams are made of. That is, if your dreams include nature, wildlife and exotic escapes. Here are seven incredible images that prove these two countries are simply the best:
Patagonia: At the far end of Argentina and Chile, this southern section of the Andes is this a wilderness comprising of of mountains, lakes, deserts and grasslands. It is one of the most diverse regions of the world.
Mendoza Some forget that Chile and Argentina also boast one of the best wine growing regions of the world. What better way to relax on an adventurous tour than to enjoy vineyards and the fruit of the land.
Tierra del Fuego With so many photos of glaciers and mountains of Argentina and Chile, we hardly see photos of the forests. Here a look at the sub-polar forests in Tierra del Fuego.
El Calafate As the gateway to Los Glaciares National Park, expect to see stunning icefields like this one on any day out in El Calafate.
Bariloche A lakeside town full of chocolate shops and beautiful vistas. Need we say more?
Torres del Paine Home to one of the most iconic mountain trails in the world, thoughts are Paine stems from an indigenous word for the word blue noting the piercing colours of alpine lakes found in the region.
Atacama Desert The wild llamas aren’t the only thing special about the Atacama desert. Volcanoes provide the backdrop on red mars-like landscapes with thermal pools and lost lagoons dotting the park. It is also the driest non-polar region in the world. Take a tour of Argentina and Chile this year, next tour leaves soon.
- Ten Questions for a Tour Leader: Jonathan Hodgson - 20 July 2018
- Best Museums In Spain – The Four You Must See - 2 July 2018
- An Introduction to Street Art in South America - 2 July 2018
- Why Oman should be on your travel wish list. - 2 July 2018
- An Introduction to Australia’s Outback - 1 June 2018
- New Zealand Southern Alps – A Photo Tour - 1 June 2018
- Patagonia dreaming: A journey through Chile & Argentina - 1 June 2018
- Cartagena – Colombia’s Fantastic Caribbean Colonial City, Part II - 1 May 2018
- Cartagena Colombia’s Fantastic Caribbean Colonial City - 1 May 2018
- Palenque de San Basilio- The First Freed African-American Settlement - 1 May 2018