Our Five Stans tours are often thought of as one of our most exotic explorations, each Stan (Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and Turkmenistan) holds a unique history and culture that has been shaped over the centuries and influenced by many empires.
While on tour to the Five Stans, expect to see 2,000 year old fortresses, famous silk road cities that captured the imagination of leaders like Alexander the Great, cultural epicentres from the 14th centuries, remote oasis’, local bazaar, grand mosques, stunning 19th century palaces with European and Asian influences, and gorgeous drives through snow-capped peaks and deep valleys with vast vistas.
Of course, also expect to see the old world charm mix in with Soviet era architecture. Our Five Stans tour has been a hit with our groups, and runs twice annually.
Here is a preview of what you’ll see on this amazing 21 day tour through Central Asia, as shown by our senior tour leader and professional photographer, Jonathan Hodgson. All photos are from his Instagram account (@owilybug).
Zarafshan Valley. #Tajikistan #asia #travel #nature @adventuresabroadtravel A photo posted by Jonathan Hodgson (@owilybug) on
Kalan Mosque. #Bukhara #uzbekistan #asia #kalanmosque #travel @adventuresabroadtravel A photo posted by Jonathan Hodgson (@owilybug) on
- Ten Questions for a Tour Leader: Jonathan Hodgson - 20 July 2018
- Best Museums In Spain – The Four You Must See - 2 July 2018
- An Introduction to Street Art in South America - 2 July 2018
- Why Oman should be on your travel wish list. - 2 July 2018
- An Introduction to Australia’s Outback - 1 June 2018
- New Zealand Southern Alps – A Photo Tour - 1 June 2018
- Patagonia dreaming: A journey through Chile & Argentina - 1 June 2018
- Cartagena – Colombia’s Fantastic Caribbean Colonial City, Part II - 1 May 2018
- Cartagena Colombia’s Fantastic Caribbean Colonial City - 1 May 2018
- Palenque de San Basilio- The First Freed African-American Settlement - 1 May 2018