As the world changes, so do our tours. We’ve recently improved our best of Brazil tour, allowing more time to explore and enjoy the top sights. Our first run at the improved version ran in February and was hailed a success. Despite venturing to Brazil in what was supposed to be the rainy season, our group was gifted with sunny skies the entire trip.
For the first portion of the updated Brazil tour, we take you to an Amazon Lodge outside of the city of Manaus and inside the Amazon Rainforest. Explorations into the jungle are taken by boat and by foot with binoculars and cameras at the ready in case of any wildlife opportunities. From the Amazon, we make our way south with a pause at Brasilia, the capital city.
Once a model town, this clearly 1960s creation is a social and architectural design experiment. We spend the day roaming from colossal political monuments to cement and stain glass churches, learning about Brazil’s modern history before moving to its largest wetland, the Pantanal.
Birders rejoice as we set up at a ranch for a few nights rest. Farmers take us to explore the sprawling grounds by foot, horse, and boat. Toucans, parrots, and anteaters are just a few of the friendly animals found in this part of Brazil and likely encounters.
After our rural get-a-way, our journey continues to the big city of Brazil where we enjoy all the famous sites. From the beaches to the Cristo, our tour of Rio includes a fully guided tour of all the iconic spots.
Last but not least, our tour finishes with a roar. The roaring waterfall that is. Of all the large waterfalls in the world, Iguazu Falls (sometimes spelled Iguacu) usually ranks number one as the people’s favourite. We take in the falls from all sides and get soaked by the mist in the meantime.
Join us on our next tour of Brazil, with departures in October and February.
- Ten Questions for a Tour Leader: Jonathan Hodgson - 20 July 2018
- Best Museums In Spain – The Four You Must See - 2 July 2018
- An Introduction to Street Art in South America - 2 July 2018
- Why Oman should be on your travel wish list. - 2 July 2018
- An Introduction to Australia’s Outback - 1 June 2018
- New Zealand Southern Alps – A Photo Tour - 1 June 2018
- Patagonia dreaming: A journey through Chile & Argentina - 1 June 2018
- Cartagena – Colombia’s Fantastic Caribbean Colonial City, Part II - 1 May 2018
- Cartagena Colombia’s Fantastic Caribbean Colonial City - 1 May 2018
- Palenque de San Basilio- The First Freed African-American Settlement - 1 May 2018